Anti-union propaganda in LA?

Someone from the Oak Harbor team identified this forum as a possible communication with some of our team who use this regularly.

1. I find it a little difficult to respond because of the tone that I read in this note. I personally would not work for someone or some place that I felt purposely lied to me or to my team. Oak Harbor is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, the leaders of Oak Harbor make mistakes everyday but to purposely lie or mislead, I don't see that, and again personally speaking,I would not work at some place who I felt did that to me or someone on my team.

2. Anit - Union Statements by the Company - there is a process in place for employees who want to be represented by a union. The company is just sharing our feelings that we don't think having a third (3rd) party in between the leaders and the team is a wise thing. As we have gotten larger in the past many years it is more difficult to communicate to team members thru out five (5) state service terminal network. We are looking at doing three (3) different improvements this year:

1. We have improved our monthly newsletter and mailing it directly to each team member's home.

2. We believe there are many questions that team members have that don't get straight forward answers so we have put two (2) different devices that will help those who want to get real answers:

- [email protected] - an e mail address where one simply asks a question and you will get a response

- 800-285-6254 Ext 10049 for those who don't want to type, you can simply leave a voice mail at that number and someone will get back to you with an answer

3. We hope to come out with a DVDs in the future outline what we are doing and why we are doing what we are doing. The first DVD was basically an introduction, the second one will be on the history, and the third one will be why we expanded the way we did.

David Vander Pol
Co - President
Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Other companies don't seem to have this problem. Look at Boeing even now with the strike and possible resolution they don't seem to have any problems communicating to Washington, Kansas and Oregon Boeing employees and they are much larger. Like I said there are several other companies that are nationwide that don't seem to have this problem either so I guess I am a bit perplexed.