Estes | Bad service

Where’d that garbage come from?

Hydra Pools?

If it was me that that junk woulda got left right the **** there whether you home or not. I’ll bet he had a fit wrasslin that mess off his wagon

Next time dont order ::shit:: off the interwebz

Fedex loads crap like that all the time on our liftgates. Friday I had to turn a pallet on the end of the trailer sideways and put it on another pallet because it's the only way to get it off the trailer.

Almost 7 feet long, original pallet busted and 700 lbs so it was fix it on the dock or bring it back because it's impossible otherwise with no forklift or dock to unload at the customer.
Weight set?

Dunno how you got that up on another skid, but good job if ya did

Only other option is to hand unload it

I delivered a toilet to a lady. She said her toilet cracked & had to use her daughters toilet across the street. It took over a month for her delivery & she was mad. She lives less than 3 miles from lowes. I asked why she ordered on internet & she said because of free shipping

I delivered a toilet to a lady. She said her toilet cracked & had to use her daughters toilet across the street. It took over a month for her delivery & she was mad. She lives less than 3 miles from lowes. I asked why she ordered on internet & she said because of free shipping
That’s called “more money than brains”

Hydra Pools?

If it was me that that junk woulda got left right the **** there whether you home or not. I’ll bet he had a fit wrasslin that mess off his wagon

Next time dont order **** off the interwebz
Thats why your wonderful company is going to pay a claim for a new saltwater filter & vacuum kit that were lost or stolen. If your company doesn’t want to haul it then don’t scumbag the rates….

Hydra Pools?

Next time dont order **** off the interwebz
Do you actually think that Hydra Pools don’t deliver the same pool kits to professional installer’s & pool companies? I did away with the middleman & your company failed miserably….I will always call the customer first to see the will be home & have help.

Do you actually think that Hydra Pools don’t deliver the same pool kits to professional installer’s & pool companies? I did away with the middleman & your company failed miserably….I will always call the customer first to see the will be home & have help.
Aint my company but Im well familiar with them and their oversize 1000 lb garbage skids that they expect a man to unload with a liftgate. They got absolutely no business tryin to ship that junk to anywheres that dont got equipment. They can rot in hell far as Im concerned and I hope I never gotta deal with that nasty ::shit:: again

Estes drivers or whoever they roped into haulin that mess now oughta wise up and think before loadin it. “Gee… Joe Schmo’s name on it? Must go to a house. Maybe I hadnt oughta take this crap since Id hate to be the one to hafta deliver it”

Aint my company but Im well familiar with them and their oversize 1000 lb garbage skids that they expect a man to unload with a liftgate. They got absolutely no business tryin to ship that junk to anywheres that dont got equipment. They can rot in hell far as Im concerned and I hope I never gotta deal with that nasty **** again

Estes drivers or whoever they roped into haulin that mess now oughta wise up and think before loadin it. “Gee… Joe Schmo’s name on it? Must go to a house. Maybe I hadnt oughta take this crap since Id hate to be the one to hafta deliver it”
Do you think your company is the only one who hauls ugly freight? I sure have my fair share over the years, at least your company has electric jacks. This driver had no problem getting this delivery off (security cameras) just handled it wrong….

I was handed a 40 foot container that was well over 110,000 pounds. Dispatch seeing I was a new hire that week counseled me that it is a heavy load going to Washington DC to deliver into a Tile Sales place that bought the whole damn truckload several times a year, it so happens they decided it will be a load I take down there.

Getting that damn thing into the Capital City was just work. No power steering no nothing. But I did not know any better.

I show up and here comes this suit. Waddles out to see them tiles. Imperiously orders me to unload that into this room in the far back. Its about 7 am. Suns coming up. SO back and forth and so forth one block at a time they go into that room. Container was volumes out.

Eventually that room was full. Its now 2PM and I am sucking coffee from the second thermos eyeing the 2/3 of the trailer left to go. There are now four suits. Demanding I be unloaded this afternoon before close of business.

Me? 3 hours? That? Hell no. I tossed a brick to each one of them and told all four to start walking back and forth.

It got unloaded. To this day I wondered soemtimes how all that ::shit:: got into that particular little office sales place. I did not get back to the yard until about 10Pm.

On the commute home, state bear busts me for blasting a red light and over 100. He finally gets me stopped and there I was asleep at the wheel with the mark on my forehead to prove it. So I explained to him. For whatever decision made, he let me out with the warning that I am not to go anywhere come the dawn in a few hours. So I did not. I slept in.

It would have been better for that tractor to have a bunk sleeper. But they did not give those out to newbies as typical to the yankees of the time.

I was handed a 40 foot container that was well over 110,000 pounds. Dispatch seeing I was a new hire that week counseled me that it is a heavy load going to Washington DC to deliver into a Tile Sales place that bought the whole damn truckload several times a year, it so happens they decided it will be a load I take down there.

Getting that damn thing into the Capital City was just work. No power steering no nothing. But I did not know any better.

I show up and here comes this suit. Waddles out to see them tiles. Imperiously orders me to unload that into this room in the far back. Its about 7 am. Suns coming up. SO back and forth and so forth one block at a time they go into that room. Container was volumes out.

Eventually that room was full. Its now 2PM and I am sucking coffee from the second thermos eyeing the 2/3 of the trailer left to go. There are now four suits. Demanding I be unloaded this afternoon before close of business.

Me? 3 hours? That? Hell no. I tossed a brick to each one of them and told all four to start walking back and forth.

It got unloaded. To this day I wondered soemtimes how all that **** got into that particular little office sales place. I did not get back to the yard until about 10Pm.

On the commute home, state bear busts me for blasting a red light and over 100. He finally gets me stopped and there I was asleep at the wheel with the mark on my forehead to prove it. So I explained to him. For whatever decision made, he let me out with the warning that I am not to go anywhere come the dawn in a few hours. So I did not. I slept in.

It would have been better for that tractor to have a bunk sleeper. But they did not give those out to newbies as typical to the yankees of the time.
I’m going to take a wild guess here, and say you have spent a lot of time sitting at the truck stop coffee counter, for many hours a day, contributing to the conversations that were being, “discussed”

It got unloaded. To this day I wondered soemtimes how all that **** got into that particular little office sales place. I did not get back to the yard until about 10Pm.

Are you allowed to talk at home ?, just saying

I’m going to take a wild guess here, and say you have spent a lot of time sitting at the truck stop coffee counter, for many hours a day, contributing to the conversations that were being, “discussed”
I just figured out I know him from another site. Nice enuff fella but he’s good for tellin some whoppers :hysterical:

Do you think your company is the only one who hauls ugly freight? I sure have my fair share over the years, at least your company has electric jacks. This driver had no problem getting this delivery off (security cameras) just handled it wrong….
No, but far as Im concerned one company haulin that ::shit:: and/or one driver gettin hurt from it is one too many

I just figured out I know him from another site. Nice enuff fella but he’s good for tellin some whoppers :hysterical:
That particular character is dead and kaput. However I am still ticking along.

The Trucker report site has specifically been finished for about four years now.

As far as some of you not believing the tile incident thats sad. Too much lunch counter me thinks.

Remember stories are generated from things that actually have happened. Then there are stories no one will believe. Which is sad. But thats ok.

With some of the pending medical work I may or may not have much of a future to continue telling stories. One surgery fairly soon is a flat gamble. If I die on the table thats that. Maybe St Peter will hear a few stories at the gates while waiting on the Judgement.

The tile load I referred to happened while employed with Port East Trucking of Baltimore near Seagirt out of their yards there and it went into NE Washington DC downtown to a industrial park that featured mostly offices. Which is why it was memorable that their load of tiles was able to all fit into that small space. This would be back about the winter of 1988 give or take. The 40 foot box was a Hapag from Bremen Germany, Tiles were out of Italy across Europe to that seaport then to Baltimore where i collected it. Weight was not any meaning as we had permits up to 100,000 pounds for Maryland and Virginia.

I was only with that operation long enough to understand just how newbies are exploited in trucking until they either burn out, quit or evolve. I evolved.

Thats one of the reasons for all the nanny regulating crap in today's trucking. The days of three logboos, overweight, all day standing around waiting on a call and all sorts of low wage problems combined with a abusive dispatch across the entire industry back then have not changed in some ways. CDL Life site keeps a running tally of screw ups that still happen now and then.

When you have done everything there is to do in trucking and you find the industry a problem in a number of ways after 40 years or more living with and around truckers you get to where you do not give a damn what other people think of the stories. Thats where I am now.

Last edited: