Estes | Bad service

Wow, now we see why this thread was started in the first place. So union guys can come on Estes board high jack it and leave a mess. No one wants your crap union anymore ,except retards or libtards who don't know what a woman is. FJB and F the Teamsters for backing that clown!!!
wow... someone didn't have their Wheaties this morning..or maybe his Lucky Charms

Had a inground pool kit delivered by Estes on Thursday that requires someone present, first off it took 8 days from Tennessee to Pennsylvania where the claim it's a 2 day point. Now I tracked the shipment and seen it was at the location so I called to set up an appointment, the clerk said no problem is tomorrow good and i said yes but can you please give me an hours notice, she replied no problem. So it's now Thursday I look at my security camera's at 9:25 and see two 7 foot skids & two 40x48 (2,100 lbs) sitting in front of my house on the street. So I call Estes 20 minutes after the delivery explaining that i have a big garage in the back of my house that it would fit with no problem, (the back of my house is actually a street with no wires & the delivery came on a straight truck) The clerk said sorry nothing we can do I can let you speak with the TM I said sure so she transferred me over to him & it went to voicemail and i left a message & he still did not call me back. I have been doing residential's for 28 years & i always call first to see if they are home or have help getting it off, this driver left a $16,000 shipment sitting on the street & signed the bill "possible damage subject to inspection".... Possible damage? My company would tear me a new one if I wrote that on a bill, that opens you up for a claim. Now I got in touch with the shipper & they were not happy the shipment was left without a signature & not made sure nothing was missing & she immediately emailed me over a lost/damage claim form, just wondering if this is standard procedure with Estes?
Had a snowblower that was shipped by Good Ole Estes arrived at destination I offered to pick up @ term they said wasn't possible They turned it over to last mile carrier who never documented delivery I was notified about a month later by shipper that they showed no delivery Do I want my money back? Played dumb 6 weeks later check from Estes showed up to settle claim for lost shipment Thanks Estes for free snowblower

Had a snowblower that was shipped by Good Ole Estes arrived at destination I offered to pick up @ term they said wasn't possible They turned it over to last mile carrier who never documented delivery I was notified about a month later by shipper that they showed no delivery Do I want my money back? Played dumb 6 weeks later check from Estes showed up to settle claim for lost shipment Thanks Estes for free snowblower

I'm in Chicago ,auto part ordered from PA ships on June 1st with Fred S , bounced around Ohio ,then went to Ca , now in Indiana
Shipper conducting packaging test. You will probably be offered something free if it arrives intact. Like a coffee travel mug, or a tee shirt.

Fedex loads crap like that all the time on our liftgates. Friday I had to turn a pallet on the end of the trailer sideways and put it on another pallet because it's the only way to get it off the trailer.

Almost 7 feet long, original pallet busted and 700 lbs so it was fix it on the dock or bring it back because it's impossible otherwise with no forklift or dock to unload at the customer.
FedEx policy states that maximum width or length for a lift gate delivery is 56 inches. For safety reasons you should tell your TM that it ain’t happening the next time they put a 7 or 8 foot skid out for a lift gate delivery.

FedEx policy states that maximum width or length for a lift gate delivery is 56 inches. For safety reasons you should tell your TM that it ain’t happening the next time they put a 7 or 8 foot skid out for a lift gate delivery.

I appreciate that info. Especially since I deliver plenty of items bigger than that all the time. Any idea if there is a weight limit on the liftgate deliveries? I know the trailer says 4000 lb max, but what's the policy? I have unloaded 3000 lb pallets before on a liftgate and not liked it one bit.

I appreciate that info. Especially since I deliver plenty of items bigger than that all the time. Any idea if there is a weight limit on the liftgate deliveries? I know the trailer says 4000 lb max, but what's the policy? I have unloaded 3000 lb pallets before on a liftgate and not liked it one bit.
I believe it is 3500 pounds max.

if you put 5000lbs. on a 3500 lb. lift gate and it lowers to the ground in 2 seconds I would say you exceeded the gross limit
Depends on perspective....if I was one of these 23 year old college guys in the office, I would call it efficiency.....you did the job fast and in one trip instead of two....to say it another way you maximized trailer synergies .....