FedEx Freight | RIP ALL OPCOS

Ground has a different setup for their gears. They have the dummy pintle hook on the back of their pups and the locking plunger on the gear. Pointed this out several years ago to a witless TM, was told, oh we'll figure it out. Figure away boys!
Yellow switched to dummy pintles on the pups and slack plungers on the converters a long time ago. Smart move IMHO. Easier to switch out a converter with a bad plunger than a pup loaded with freight with same.

Yellow switched to dummy pintles on the pups and slack plungers on the converters a long time ago. Smart move IMHO. Easier to switch out a converter with a bad plunger than a pup loaded with freight with same.
The problem will be mixing the equipment, Maybe I’ll buy a draggin wagon and profit from the mess!?!

I think as a fedex freight driver it will mean we'll probably be getting some of their runs. Maybe be used as a switch point in our yards to get rid of their sleepers maybe. Idk. I'm guessing we'll be helping them alot more so they can get rid of some of their contractors.

I think as a fedex freight driver it will mean we'll probably be getting some of their runs. Maybe be used as a switch point in our yards to get rid of their sleepers maybe. Idk. I'm guessing we'll be helping them alot more so they can get rid of some of their contractors.
Lol glass half full kinda guy. You'll learn driver. It took my twenty years to realize no change of ops benefits at least my barn anyways. Maybe they'll surprise me this time.

They always remind us how linehaul is the biggest expense of the company and how great ground is. My reply is always aren't we in the transportation industry? So transportation would be your biggest expense!

Back in 2010 when I was a dock worker some big wig came to our end of line center. He was a nice guy but he talked about how they wanted to bring everything under one roof. He said it would be a long time to figure out the logistics and equipment needed. This my be the first step in that direction.