ABF | Arcbest for sale?

Is that supposed to be some kind of goal? 😄
No I’m just being “concise” haha just kidding man no harm no foul I’m sure your a great guy and I don’t wanna start any trouble just giving u a hard time, but the reason why I mentioned how all the threads go off topic is because a lot of times I am excited to see a new post on a thread thinking I’m gonna get valuable info and then when I click on it it’s just us again joking or debating off topic lol,

In 1980, the population was 226.5 million. In 2022, the population was 333.3 million. A nearly 50% increase in the number of people demanding goods and services yet the number of unionized LTL carriers has fallen by 90%.
Saia was small enough to be owned by the regional carrier, Preston Trucking. FedEx Freight did not exist. Old Dominion was a southeastern regional carrier.
The Teamsters failed to adapt to market conditions. The union carriers cost structure made it impossible to compete. Had the union restructured the benefit packages, work classifications and work rules, most of those 1000+ carriers would still be in business.
Waaaaaa!!!

blah blah blah, imagine the union never existed then your gonna try and tell me all those ltls from 1960 would still exist?, lol. Fed ex freight did exist as American freightways, Viking and Watkins, if FedEx didn’t buy them would they still be around? FedEx freight only made it as far as they have because they had FedEx express money trust me I used to work there. Now don’t get me started on XPO’s 3.5 billion in long term debt. R&L? Naaa I’d rather have overtime than stay at one of their resorts… Estes another great company but it’s a known volume carrier (Estes = quantity over quality freight) Saia and old dominion ya they are doing AWESOME but it’s off the blood sweat and tears of its drivers and dockworkers, I wish u guys the best but the non union, union thing gets old. I’m gonna ride til the wheels fall off at ABF…
If XPO has debt of $3.5 billion?? They operate in the 80's thus paying that off is no big issue.
Obviously XPO does exactly what Yellow was unable to do, generate profits PRIOR to paying off any debt.
You could be correct in stating that many of these companies may/may not have consolidated. No one knows that answer.
More importantly almost no union carriers remain save ABF and T Force and see consolidation in their future.
Back in the glory days of teamster LTL we were constantly reminded that teamster jobs bring Job Security?????
For your sake I hope you do ride ABF until the wheel fall off....