ABF | MLK Holiday

We did call the hall, our ba said the only holiday they cant force is Christmas.
But if you work a Contract holiday we get double time for every hour worked +8 hours holiday pay.
If they force us and we call in sick we'd get 8 holiday and 8 sick.
The sheet is coming down Thursday and the force list will be put up Friday

Our ba said they never forced before because customers weren't open, but on mlk day everyone but government buildings are open

We did call the hall, our ba said the only holiday they cant force is Christmas.
But if you work a Contract holiday we get double time for every hour worked +8 hours holiday pay.
A Holiday is a Holiday . They can’t pick and choose what one is more important. That would be discrimination & open them up to legal action.

A Holiday is a Holiday . They can’t pick and choose what one is more important. That would be discrimination & open them up to legal action.
IMHO, just because they mutually agreed to not force for Christmas seems to mean that they can force on any of the other holidays. That's seems to be the "normal" scenario and the non-force on Christmas is just an agreed-to special situation.

What your BA is quoting is for road drivers not local city or dock work. You need to go over his head because they are right. A holiday is a holiday for the city side.

We live in a crazy world my job is 24x7 we get holiday pay. We have some janky holiday bid. I bid MLK as my one Holiday I have to work a year sometimes it's 2 I have enough seniority it's usually only 1🙃. Most places you deliver to are open on MLK so the company should be pro actively trying to cancel deliveries to your paying customers. I know Denver said they were going to try to operate regular shifts with volunteers or something. Don't think that will work. This is the 1st year it is a Holiday for you guys so I don't think they had their ducks in a row. Hopefully it won't be as big of a ::shit:: show as it looks like it could be

I’m UE so my bid starts at 22:00. They worked me last Memorial Day, someone moved my payed holiday up to Sunday to not trigger double time. My holiday was on Sunday in the system while all the rest of the barn was on Monday in the system. I fought it and got my pay but now they won’t work me on the holidays and I get screwed with a split long weekend, but I got to honor the contract.

I’m UE so my bid starts at 22:00. They worked me last Memorial Day, someone moved my payed holiday up to Sunday to not trigger double time. My holiday was on Sunday in the system while all the rest of the barn was on Monday in the system. I fought it and got my pay but now they won’t work me on the holidays and I get screwed with a split long weekend, but I got to honor the contract.
What a lowlife to change your "paid holiday to Sunday".... they need one of these....
:nut kick:

So today a sign up sheet went up at my barn....I don't know if they think they are going to force, but the manager did say, "we need people to work"