Holland | What's going on with the company ?

you are mistaken, with their lower hiring standards i think they can keep hiring and firing at whatever level they so choose, with only 3 yrs in myself i have probably closing in on 70 people BELOW me in seniority on the board or soon to be on the board.
WOW ! Must be like a revolving door. I'm sure there is a thorough background check on everyone coming in.

you are mistaken, with their lower hiring standards i think they can keep hiring and firing at whatever level they so choose, with only 3 yrs in myself i have probably closing in on 70 people BELOW me in seniority on the board or soon to be on the board.
How the mighty have fallen.....I can remember walking into the terminal in about 92 and asking the TM for an application and he told me he would be happy to let me fill one out but it would never see the day of light because the stack of applications on his desk was so high that he would never get to the bottom of the pile......Oh how the mighty have fallen.....Thanks YRC!

How the mighty have fallen.....I can remember walking into the terminal in about 92 and asking the TM for an application and he told me he would be happy to let me fill one out but it would never see the day of light because the stack of applications on his desk was so high that he would never get to the bottom of the pile......Oh how the mighty have fallen.....Thanks YRC!
Hey 5... and don't forget to thank Zollars....

You are mistaken! We can hire people.....they can only drive automatics.....kind of and if their GPS breaks down they have to pull over to the shoulder and call someone for directions.....and teeth are optional......but we can hire people!
We can't hire real Driver's & Worker's , but YES we can hire Bodies , as this is what our TM told us is that he is hiring Bodies and if they can kinda work and show up a few days a week , then it's all good , and the freight claims keep skyrocketing too !! r.i.p. the old holland ..........

You must have applied about the same time as I did, the stack of apps behind my TM's desk was at least 3 feet high. I was working at another union company at the time, but hated it. I wanted to get into TNT Holland in the worst way because it was a premium company with a good reputation among other drivers, their own drivers and their customers.
I was finally able to get an app to fill out and was surprised they wanted ALL my time back 20+ years filled out including my military time between '62 and '66, then ALL employers (with dates) in those years AND account for the time between employers up till '91. They did a complete background check for any brushes with the law and a complete driving record check. My BA at the time told me they do a more complete check than anybody he'd ever seen.
I was not hired right away, but I kept calling at 8 am at least twice a week from wherever I was and asked to speak to the TM. I figured that if each time, he got my app out to look at it, my app would once again be on the top of the pile. Finally, I think he just got tired of my phone calls and said I could start the next Monday, but as a casual and if any bad info came up on me I was fired. I said "OK, fair enough" I worked as a casual for 3 months then was put on the city list, then the road list 2 months after that. It was worth the wait and all the hassle. I was a great company to work for until Yellow Freight got their claws into it. Now that great company may well be dragged into bankruptcy right along with the idiots that run Yellow (YRC) RIP TNT Holland - USF Holland.

You are mistaken! We can hire people.....they can only drive automatics.....kind of and if their GPS breaks down they have to pull over to the shoulder and call someone for directions.....and teeth are optional......but we can hire people!
Is this Holland's new job interviewing process?????
(I like number five as the top qualifier for the job.)

http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-Someone-Is-Dead

Kinda a sign of past trucking companies that had this same problem with hiring people before the end, was they were bringing in people from other barns to play the role of manager or supervisor because nobody from the outside would apply and freight claims was super high and had a lot of OLD worn out equipment ! r.i.p. ...........................................................................2019

If a new face shows up in top management or sitting in the TM's chair......ask him if he is the company "hatchet man" for that terminal? He will know, but he won't tell YOU. His reaction will be priceless.
In the case of two of the unannounced, sudden, no warning, overnight company closings I went through - a mysterious "hatchet man" like this showed up about a month before. Then one day (or night) the doors are shut, gates are locked,"hatchet man" disappears, bank account the payroll checks are written on is also closed. Any checks that are cashed on that account will bounce, and you (not the company) will be charged with passing bad check. I found that out the hard way.
Advise from one who knows - cash any and all checks from the company immediately - the account could close at any time. You will get no notice.
Then you may or may not ever get the money through bankruptcy court, but that could take years (then it will be only pennies on the dollar.)

Last edited:
Kinda a sign of past trucking companies that had this same problem with hiring people before the end, was they were bringing in people from other barns to play the role of manager or supervisor because nobody from the outside would apply and freight claims was super high and had a lot of OLD worn out equipment ! r.i.p. ...........................................................................2019
If that was the case why do we keep getting new tractors trailers fork lifts all kinds of safety gadgets etc? If you want to tell me they are planning on busting the union, I could see that as being possible. But if you want to convince me that they are planning on closing the doors, well I don't buy it. Could it happen, yes definitely! Are they planning it, I doubt it!

If that was the case why do we keep getting new tractors trailers fork lifts all kinds of safety gadgets etc? If you want to tell me they are planning on busting the union, I could see that as being possible. But if you want to convince me that they are planning on closing the doors, well I don't buy it. Could it happen, yes definitely! Are they planning it, I doubt it!
Those NEW tractors are probably leased from a leasing company YRC also owns. That happened to us at JTL before they closed. By doing that, that leased equipment cannot be used in the bankruptcy proceedings, (especially if that leasing company is a completely separate YRC entity or owned by another different leasing company). Nobody will know until the bankruptcy papers come out listing assets to be auctioned off. Just hope that YRC spins off Holland before it comes to that, but that is not likely.

Those NEW tractors are probably leased from a leasing company YRC also owns. That happened to us at JTL before they closed. By doing that, that leased equipment cannot be used in the bankruptcy proceedings, (especially if that leasing company is a completely separate YRC entity or owned by another different leasing company). Nobody will know until the bankruptcy papers come out listing assets to be auctioned off. Just hope that YRC spins off Holland before it comes to that, but that is not likely.
Yrc cannot spin off, or sell any of the companies,separately under the YRCW umbrella. The banks required it that way to continue operating back when Zollars was screwing the whole thing up. If someone wants to buy it, they get it all, or none...

When did YRC probably buy or start a leasing company?

Most of ALL terminals was SOLD off to Estes and now they are LEASING them back to YRCW and lease contract's ends 2019 and most of trucks & trailer's are leased to so all they have to do is walk away with our cash !! Leasing is the way most ponzi companies like yrcw does it now days !

Most of ALL terminals was SOLD off to Estes and now they are LEASING them back to YRCW and lease contract's ends 2019 and most of trucks & trailer's are leased to so all they have to do is walk away with our cash !! Leasing is the way most ponzi companies like yrcw does it now days !
What company are most of the trucks and trailers leased from? And, how do you know that the lease contracts on the leased terminals end in 2019?

What company are most of the trucks and trailers leased from? And, how do you know that the lease contracts on the leased terminals end in 2019?
Mud,, pull out the reg cards & check them out and then walk into the office and there is a framed lease on the wall with Estes name on it and then IF your TM has a clue ask him ,he should know when lease ends , it's all common knowledge of those that are in the info loop !

Last edited:
Yrc cannot spin off, or sell any of the companies,separately under the YRCW umbrella. The banks required it that way to continue operating back when Zollars was screwing the whole thing up. If someone wants to buy it, they get it all, or none...
Buy all sell yellow equipment as scrap walk away from lease on terminals, yellow gone And regionals survive. Bank will do what it needs to get its money.