XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of votes. Fedex Freight in Charlotte NC voted the Teamsters union out last night by an overwhelming majority. After almost 3 years of empty promises from the union and still no contract. And after actually not getting enhanced benefits that the non union terminals were receiving the drivers have spoken. Hope you guys make the right decision at XPO as well. Good luck.
Are you out of Eph?
I have spoken to the driver that is leading the charge to decertify in regularly and he is consistently complaining about the company from his work load to his benefits any I always listen to him and come away thinking to myself does he ever listen to his own complaints. He's a hard worker I'm just puzzled by how he thinks things that he's always complaining about will get better. It's like grind hog day.. go figure.

Last edited:
In the time where millions of working class people were duped into voting for a 1 percenter on false promises it is not surprising that a company would drag bargaining out for so long as to disenfranchise its employees into the same. These decertification votes are excactly what the company are striving for in their tactics. It by no means reflects on the broken promises the union makes. We know from the beginning that this was the company's strategy. They ride the edge of what is legal to reach this goal. Hell, you even have company shills on this very forum that tell us so.
Nothing in life that has any gain comes without risk and to sit back and allow a company to bully you into submission is just pittiful . What Fedex did is in it's self being dishonest with its employees. I wish those Fedex drivers that voted nothing but the best and I hope their future employment is gainful.
If things were so great at these employers people would not be leaving in droves and potential new hires would not be a problem.
Put this on the political thread! Trump all the way!!!!

Another owner operator pulling loads into Hagerstown , Md last week . Happening every day now. Just for the line haul drivers who think there iraplaceable. Between part time dock workers and OO's You might not be. Guess we'll just have to sit back and wait. Notice there pulling the new high cube pups exclusively ya know the one with the left side landing gear and air hooks ups that match their equipment. Remember before Norbert and Con-way xpo was based on the owner operator model solely. Oh what the heck who knows their gonna do whatever they want.
tqAdKgj.jpg

Last edited:
Another owner operator pulling loads in Hagerstown , Md last week . Happening every day now. Just for the line haul drivers who think there iraplaceable. Between part time dock workers and OO's might not be. Guess we'll just have to sit back and weight. Notice there pulling the new high cube pups exclusively ya know the one with the left side landing gear and air hooks ups.
tqAdKgj.jpg

PBbB0bw.jpg

Sounds like a bribe to me. Every service center gets more pay etc except the organized terminals. After our first terminal organized we got a huge raise, no such raises for Laredo and Miami I am guessing. It did not work here, more terminals organized. I will bet you a soda more terminals organize before one of ours decerts.

He is a supervisor at Fed ex so take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Your ignorance is showing again. Why would a member of Fedex management want to help XPO drivers. I am a driver.
Help the driver's??? Are you going to help them get better pay ,guaranteed raise's along with a stable Bonus. Also better medical and 401?? And yes i know all about the teamster's pesion plan being broke.But for some of us a matching 401 would work out. Of course some driver's here at XPO only do this as a hobby since they have enough money to invest and they're accountants. So they really don't need much. But guarantees and contracts go along way in a business..
But maybe you can take the time to go help the L.A. Port worker's and Dock worker's they seem to be in a bit of a pickle..

Help the driver's??? Are you going to help them get better pay ,guaranteed raise's along with a stable Bonus. Also better medical and 401?? And yes i know all about the teamster's pesion plan being broke.But for some of us a matching 401 would work out. Of course some driver's here at XPO only do this as a hobby since they have enough money to invest and they're accountants. So they really don't need much. But guarantees and contracts go along way in a business..
But maybe you can take the time to go help the L.A. Port worker's and Dock worker's they seem to be in a bit of a pickle..
Employment Contracts are only for those at the executive levels silly. You know the top dogs who tell you that you should trust them but they don't trust each other enough to work for the company without a contract.

Has anyone seen the manifest. They are delivering new empty s around the country this way. They are also using their own dollys.
We got two new vans and both were brought in by a sub contractor. If you zoom in on the dolly in the second pic you can see there is a little wheel on the dolly stand just like what's on a boat trailer

In the time where millions of working class people were duped into voting for a 1 percenter on false promises it is not surprising that a company would drag bargaining out for so long as to disenfranchise its employees into the same. These decertification votes are excactly what the company are striving for in their tactics. It by no means reflects on the broken promises the union makes. We know from the beginning that this was the company's strategy. They ride the edge of what is legal to reach this goal. Hell, you even have company shills on this very forum that tell us so.
Nothing in life that has any gain comes without risk and to sit back and allow a company to bully you into submission is just pittiful . What Fedex did is in it's self being dishonest with its employees. I wish those Fedex drivers that voted nothing but the best and I hope their future employment is gainful.
If things were so great at these employers people would not be leaving in droves and potential new hires would not be a problem.
Company strategy? You all say the company does illegal stuff and when they follow the law you now make it out to be bad. From what I know once a barn votes in the union the only thing the company has to do give them all the raises or benefits that are in place when the vote is certified. So you XPH are in contract talk and say next year the company changes its pay scale/ raise, or upgrades its benefits it does not, by law, have to give it to anyone at the XPH or any other barn that has voted in the union since everything has to be negotiated into a contract.
You do not know what the local union told and or promised the drivers at FedEx in NC so for all we know promises might have broken

Company strategy? You all say the company does illegal stuff and when they follow the law you now make it out to be bad. From what I know once a barn votes in the union the only thing the company has to do give them all the raises or benefits that are in place when the vote is certified. So you XPH are in contract talk and say next year the company changes its pay scale/ raise, or upgrades its benefits it does not, by law, have to give it to anyone at the XPH or any other barn that has voted in the union since everything has to be negotiated into a contract.
You do not know what the local union told and or promised the drivers at FedEx in NC so for all we know promises might have broken

The union can't promise anything other than to bargain for them. You are correct on first part but say xpo raises insurance or tries to take something away it can't do so from the barns that voted in union.

Sounds like a bribe to me. Every service center gets more pay etc except the organized terminals. After our first terminal organized we got a huge raise, no such raises for Laredo and Miami I am guessing. It did not work here, more terminals organized. I will bet you a soda more terminals organize before one of ours decerts.

I dunno. Still stings these boys that the Teamsters turned them away when they had the signatures and the votes to make it happen back when we were Con-way. But the pro guys here are still pushing. And they are starting to get some momentum. Fear of the unknown is one thing. But when stuff actually happens, that can be taken advantage of.

Had a couple guys get axed. And there is a particular member of management that is helping them out by being a total douchbag. Had Teamsters out in our driveway twice the week before the fourth. And a lot of guys were stopping. It's going to take some effort. But in time I see this building up again.

And that makes me wonder how many other terminals are out there building up for something. It's a race of epically miniscule increments. It will take something devastating for a terminal to all at once decertify. I'm guessing your soda bet is a safe one.

For any one wondering about me flipping. I am and always will be good for one " NO " vote at any election. Been there and done that. I'd rather not. If I have a choice. My choice is nope.

We got two new vans and both were brought in by a sub contractor. If you zoom in on the dolly in the second pic you can see there is a little wheel on the dolly stand just like what's on a boat trailer
Good eye! Delivering new equipment through the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.