R&L | Bridge Law

"How many Ft from Kingpin to where"

My head hurts. How big is your box and how many wheels have you got? Where you at going to where?

Whats your weight.

We have to do actual information with details, then gather the numbers to find the sums. Then check the laws to see where that is.

Then go back to your truck and find out about that blessed kingpin.

And people wonder why I get difficult.

The first thing drivers need to go get is a big Stanley 100 foot measuring tape. Hook one in the pin and start walking. No flip flops either.

"How many Ft from Kingpin to where"

My head hurts. How big is your box and how many wheels have you got? Where you at going to where?

Whats your weight.

We have to do actual information with details, then gather the numbers to find the sums. Then check the laws to see where that is.

Then go back to your truck and find out about that blessed kingpin.

And people wonder why I get difficult.

The first thing drivers need to go get is a big Stanley 100 foot measuring tape. Hook one in the pin and start walking. No flip flops either.
It was a vague question.... So I gave him a vague answer.

I don't know how many could count to 100, much less read tape measure. You know the first long line after the number? :duh: 😂
If the line is too long, I'd return after the crowd leaves.
Good Times Dance GIF by Jackson-Triggs

That isnt bridge law. Your talkin bout KPRA distance and in most states that’s 41’ from KP to center of tandem

Bridge law has to do with how many axles and distance between them. Not really gonna be a issue in this job unless you’re tryin to put 50K on a 32’ liftgate

That isnt bridge law. Your talkin bout KPRA distance and in most states that’s 41’ from KP to center of tandem

Bridge law has to do with how many axles and distance between them. Not really gonna be a issue in this job unless you’re tryin to put 50K on a 32’ liftgate
We had no sliding tandems, no sliding 5th wheels, and we ran only 28' pups.
The dispatcher said "Don't worry about it, and the main thing is Don't worry me about it"

Bridge Law and King Pin Law all play into the same goal.

Its too damn heavy.

I proved that breaking a Stephens City Platform Scale late 80's with a U model Mack on a 40 foot reefer box with 134500 pounds citation. It was above that in reality but that was the number they got as my 18 wheeler, platform and frame fell into the sub frame about 12 inches down. The fine against the company was $3000 dollars with Maryland Scales open that day who do not write against Company but me. Which pretty much will put me completely out of the Industry with barely a month in.

The tractor was totaled. I never saw it again.

The root cause is no training at all in loading boxes. None.

Ball Bearings out of Richmond for export and York CAT is my opus. Ive been banned for life from scaling at certain truckstops in the doswell area to this day. (They dont exist anymore except one or two)

And that reason is partially why I get annoyed with drivers who refuse to stop and take lunch or breaks. They poison the well for the regular guys who DO take lunch, etc., like they're supposed to.
I promised never to take a lunch break if they would give me an assigned tractor with my name on the door.
You know how that worked out. :poke:

Strange how this subject just came up. I work for another LTL carrier, and one of our drivers just got his with a bridge law ticket for $100. And he was empty. Funny thing is, I've been peddling freight for 30 years. And I know NOBODY, who has ever been cited for this. And all the sudden, it comes up twice in a few days? :coffee1: