Corn Flakes Lives!

Yep, C F"s did.
I ran to Jax with Cf, Carolina, and A Big R driver.
Sometimes we would swap trucks for 25 or 30 miles on single-lane S C 321.
I'd drive a CF he would drive mine the Carolina would swap with Big R.
We would of all been fired if anything went wrong.
A real bunch of dumb azzs
Sounds like my kind of guys. I could tell stories about running the Northway (I-87) in winter for Maislin when a bunch of us would run with our lights out on clear, cold, winter nights with the full moon shining bright or sometimes three of us running abrest on some two lane sections. Dumb azzes for sure.

Sounds like my kind of guys. I could tell stories about running the Northway (I-87) in winter for Maislin when a bunch of us would run with our lights out on clear, cold, winter nights with the full moon shining bright or sometimes three of us running abrest on some two lane sections. Dumb azzes for sure.
Are you sure you weren't in our crowd?

This map from CF Canada, Canadian Freightways, shows how big CF actually was. Terminals in Alaska and all of the continental U.S. & Canada. Canadian Freightways was a stand alone company now owned by Tfi who owns TForce freight. Might have been a CF in Mexico, Consolidated Frijoles, but I forget.

big-cf.md.jpeg

For what it's worth, the Louisville Fords we're my all-time favorite tractors. At Maislin they had 290 Cummins with 10 speed Road Rangers.
you didnt like the nose bleeders they had? I was at Gateway when they merged, it was a great place to work. They had a problem with Gateways new trailers with budd wheels unlike all the spoke Maislin had. Poor shop guys.

you didnt like the nose bleeders they had? I was at Gateway when they merged, it was a great place to work. They had a problem with Gateways new trailers with budd wheels unlike all the spoke Maislin had. Poor shop guys.
Oh sure I did YF. They were still using some KW cabovers when I started in 1974 and of course they went to cabover Fords, GMCs and Chevys in later years there. I just always thought the Louisvilles were the best in terms of overall driver comfort, visibility, cab instrument/control layout, etc. Besides, before Maislin, my time at UPS was almost all cabover Macks.