Overworked , look at this place

100 hours a week. That all?

There is no money in that. I am prostrate under my keyboard laughing in tears thinking of the whole 168 hour work week plus a few more days and nights consumed. Sleep a day and do it again.

Theres no money in that either.

It will have to take a flat 5000 dollar a week salary with no strings, gimmies, gotches, gimmicks and traps or gaurantees or triggers etc. Otherwise they can ****off. And it aint going to be Chicago either. They can burn that city.

Always dreamed of being able to work 100 hours a week! 2.5 full time jobs for 2,800.00 a week! That’s the American dream, comrade!
Ive done all 168 on a hell of alot less. Takes me about 10 days and 11 nights when I was younger before I needed about 18 hours to sleep and another five to feed the monster and clean up to be human again for another 10 days work bouncing around wherever in the 18 wheeler for months at a time.

The last time I did that I bounced between Fields in Houston running Pipe to Jacksonville Florida then chain and cable back to houston on I-10 for 5 months and two weeks straight during one winter of about 1995 1996. Back and forth and back and forth without end sleeping where necessary to keep it between the lines.

At the beginning of the 6th month I got home that spring of 1995 and saw my family for the first time in 7 months. and counted the money I made.

Very damn little. But there is a hell of alot of drillpipe that went east and mountains of peerless chain and cable west. Where did it all go? Who cares.

The truck that I had and its associated spreadaxle did a good job without any shop attention other than a bit of rotella now and then and a bit of fuel. Until it accumulated enough problems to require about two days yard shop work at the main HQ in Indiana.

Never again. What a waste of a life. And for that little bit of money? There is none in Trucking, not unless you are one of the damn few who are able to get into some really high dollar ::shit::. Theres the money.

A few thousand a week? Thats nothing today. Inflated away from the 50's Poof.

Always dreamed of being able to work 100 hours a week! 2.5 full time jobs for 2,800.00 a week! That’s the American dream, comrade!
They aren't paying taxes on it too is the best part 10-99 and if they ever catch up to them they just go back to whatever country nice system. In Bridgeview the Arabs have their own welfare office full of cab/uber and truck drivers working for cash while collecting big welfare dependent wife kids. I know a guy who boasts he hasn't filed a taxes on 10-99 for over 20yrs like our guys deducting the 15%. https://aafsil.org/