Yellow | UTILITY DRIVERS NOW?

Okay, I guess you didn’t read very carefully let me repeat, pulled……a 96……..wide……..lift gate………. Trailer was loaded……..right…….
Insert ……pallet Jack……raise skid…………
Long skid……..pull skid back……..turn skid
Put on gate …….. remove Jack…… lower gate…….unload freight. Got it?
Don't ya love it when the liftgate delivery is a 10 or 12 ft skid, try to fit it on the liftgate?

Hang on, Slave will tell you how it’s done.
I help some guys at church on Wednesday morning's. We BS for an hour then do about 2-3 hours light maintenance work. They recently put in one of those fancy new playgrounds. Driver showed up all in a turmoil. The crate was 5'x12'x6' tall weighed just short of 3,000#. I told him to chill he was in good hands. Put the lift gate up. Attached straps and pulled it out with my Ford Ranged until it was balanced on the edge. Let lift gate half way down. Pulled until the rest was on lift gate and one end was on the ground. Let it down and drug it off. He wanted to know where I learned that. Then I let him know I did what he was doing for 40 years. Hope I helped him out.

I help some guys at church on Wednesday morning's. We BS for an hour then do about 2-3 hours light maintenance work. They recently put in one of those fancy new playgrounds. Driver showed up all in a turmoil. The crate was 5'x12'x6' tall weighed just short of 3,000#. I told him to chill he was in good hands. Put the lift gate up. Attached straps and pulled it out with my Ford Ranged until it was balanced on the edge. Let lift gate half way down. Pulled until the rest was on lift gate and one end was on the ground. Let it down and drug it off. He wanted to know where I learned that. Then I let him know I did what he was doing for 40 years. Hope I helped him out.
Was the trailer a 102 wide?

Wow, Danger Ranger to the rescue & great now the Hemi boys are pissed off !

I also think it would be a great idea for the top investors and the Yellow Execs should be required to use Yellow if they are ever gonna change residences and move all of their personal belongings.....so that they might get some fancy expensive irreplaceable items treated just the way that they treat other people's freight.
Stuff it all in there. And you'll get it whenever it gets there.

When I ran the city there were some docks that were very old and narrow ment for straight trucks or smaller trailers.... and yes the town was old so the streets were narrow and tight to get around..... some places had to get their shipment out in the street.

And that was back when the trucks I drove didn't have power steering....

Don't ya love it when the liftgate delivery is a 10 or 12 ft skid, try to fit it on the liftgate?
My favorite was the 6, 8,000 lb gaylords of building stone for a lift gate delivery the forklift couldn't pick them up so the dock foreman had them pushing them across the dock into the lift gate pup.....................................................................

My favorite was the 6, 8,000 lb gaylords of building stone for a lift gate delivery the forklift couldn't pick them up so the dock foreman had them pushing them across the dock into the lift gate pup.....................................................................
Foreman got his rocks off the dock anyway.

Three trailers are done for a 15% 'Syengry " savings , for bigger Xmas Bonuses , more freight moved at 46 mph with less manpower ! And sad part is Driver's Volunteer to pull them for a few pennies more mile ! We are our own worse enemy , just like Union Members voting yes to have Shinny Wheels pulling Union Trailers and to give back -15% & relaxed work rules !!:chairshot:
So with triples, partner, is the 15 percent synergy a total amount for the three? Like 5 percent per trailer? Or 15 percent per trailer, moving at 46 mph, thus saving 45 percent?
I am getting PM’s from a bunch of people on this. They aren’t sure if we should get a 45 percent raise, or not?

Turbocharged Ranger. Pulls our 27' Travel Trailer wherever we want to go. Lol
But do you have it Stacked out like my Iowa Farm truck is ??
So with triples, partner, is the 15 percent synergy a total amount for the three? Like 5 percent per trailer? Or 15 percent per trailer, moving at 46 mph, thus saving 45 percent?
I am getting PM’s from a bunch of people on this. They aren’t sure if we should get a 45 percent raise, or not?
It's 15% per trailer but only if the Spy loaded it high & tight !!

I'm gonna stick to my stance that Yellow cannot afford the cost of damages nor the cost of lost customers due to being late and unreliable.
They can't afford the man-hours of picking stacked trailers apart and then restacking them even one time, let alone multiple times.nationwide.
The different sized equipment also causes more time for thinking and planning and moving freight yet another last time for delivery.

And I really don't think it's much different at most companies doing the same thing.
Customers bitch about every carrier damaging freight and being late. We all hear that. And they change carriers all the time.
I think they'd be much better not stacking and paying more drivers and fuel.
On time and undamaged gets much respect and reputation and loyalty from customers.
That brings the money in.

Don't worry. They're not gonna do it.
They know that they can keep milking everything and everybody using this system. And they will be back again and again and again using this system.

And we will be blamed for the loss.
They like it like that.
It works.
Why change it?
You need to realize, Blackrock and Vanguard have conspired with the 3pl’s and the trailer manufacturers to get 53x102’s and 26x102’s to be dominant trailers. The engineers of shippers are working on direct orders from Blackrock and Vanguard to design packages that fit perfectly on a 40x48 pallet to be turned sideways in a trailer to maximize density. They also have conspired to tap into the camera on your TV and computer as well and smart phone to monitor your every action. ELD’s and computers in the trucks are being monitored by them also. The chip in your credit card is made by one of there companies and tracks your every movement.

So be careful what you say and do!!!

But do you have it Stacked out like my Iowa Farm truck is ??

It's 15% per trailer but only if the Spy loaded it high & tight !!
OK, but what if 1 trailer was a 102 wide pup, the next a 96 wide 45, and the last a 102, 53'? Would the savings realized by dividing the tonnage on a percent of cube used in each trailer, multiplied by how many different New Penn terminals all the freight was destined for, change the freight class, and the synergy savings would end up in the Caymans,under CEO bonus?
Or, poof, would all the savings cancel each other out because the freight was transferred by the Spy on a Friday?