ABF | Lack Of Representation Rochester NY Local 118

NightOwl, whoever told you that is full of Sh*t!!!
If it was heard, and a grievance decision was made (denied or sustained), it is on record. Whoever this source was most likely just did not want to take the time to search for a previous decision hoping the situation would eventually go away.
And, if this book of past grievances was thrown out, then there is no reason for any of your future grievances to be dropped because of previous decisions or past practice. If management won’t correct the problem, file the grievance and hound your BA for a panel decision until you get an answer.
SOR, I was always told if the company doesn't address any LOA , barn rules, decisions, etc, at contract time, everything stays in place.

SOR, I was always told if the company doesn't address any LOA , barn rules, decisions, etc, at contract time, everything stays in place.
That may be what they are trying to do with 381’s grievance as the LOA was put in place a few contracts back. I have never heard that though, but you may be right. I was always under the impression that a LOA or an MOU took precedence until it is again reviewed and changed by a committee!!!

Also an update on my situation.....called the local, left a message for the President....also wrote an email to the Teamsters Eastern Region Freight Director, he did call me and after a lengthy conversation he did agree with me and told me that he would tell my BA next grievance has to go to panel, which is good news except one that the BA tossed was a forced 15 hour 9 minute day...I'm sure it will happen again, but right now they are being more careful with me, so I don't think it will happen again till summer, but I guess that's better than never...
You have the right to be present & speak if necessary before the panel on your grievance. Go so you don't get sold out in the hallway by ur BA.

That may be what they are trying to do with 381’s grievance as the LOA was put in place a few contracts back. I have never heard that though, but you may be right. I was always under the impression that a LOA or an MOU took precedence until it is again reviewed and changed by a committee!!!
I agree....I might be wrong, but I looked through the new contract and I see no mention of the 34 hour reset, but guys are still using it...so to me that means that MOU is still in effect....

I do this post with a heavy heart. I am still a proud Teamster, I am just having problems with my BA at my local representing me. I'm not looking for opinions of the Teamsters Union and I will delete any nonsense posts that don't abide by this request.
As some of you may know I have had many problems at my local barn with contract violations concerning excessive overtime.
In 2007 the company signed an LOA (Letter of Agreement) with the Union which states that the company won't force any employees to work more than 12 hours in a day. This gets violated quite often.
The last two times this has occurred I have filed, once for 12.5 hours and the other for 15 hours. According to Article 7 Section 2 there are guidelines to how fast the Union must respond to these grievances, but it took about 2 months by the time we met, but I was like better late than never.
Before this meeting my BA came to me and stated that I had no case as the next line in the LOA (which I will post) says they can work the "cleanup shift" more than 12 hours, to which I replied I'm 2nd on the seniority list with the earliest start time so that wouldn't be me. To which she told me after the meeting she was dropping my grievances as we wouldn't win. Its bull ::::shit::::.
What is my next move? I don't want to drop this as it is clear and plain English. If you have any answers and you don't want to post it just PM me please. Thanks for letting me vent.

Could go to L.R.B. after all other avenues have been exhausted (grievance hearing, Arbitration hearing) But consider this, you're now putting yourself in a position where the Union and the company will both be pissed off at you, not a happy place to be, Respect you for being a stand-up guy, but no fun standing alone, What i used to do with some but not all issues/ fights, is go around with a piece of paper stating what i was going to fight and have member print and sign their name if they agreed and supported my effort.

Your next move should be to stop paying dues. But only those who live in Right to Work states have that option to hold their union accountable to the membership.
I still like having the grievance procedure and rules the company has to follow.... my BA and local are humans and we don't always agree, sometimes you must fight with them to get them to understand....besides that, I don't want representation for free....

Absolutely. If you hire an attorney to represent you and he doesn't do a good job you fire him. Should be the same for Union rep who acts as your "attorney" on the job.
Only thing worse than a POS attorney, is a POS union rep, If he /she is that bad, than a joint effort by all affected members should be made to have them replaced, can't be a one-person job.