XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again resorting to personal attacks , I am merely trying to find out if your region had any consolidations and if it affected you or your surrounding barns . Whats that got to do with outing you? Geez.

Why do you keep prodding him for personal information ? And then blame him for defending himself from you ? By saying that he's attacking you ? Stop asking the man personal questions. You have it clear that he will not answer. Seems pretty straight forward.

Sometimes, when you're walking down the street, you walk up to a big pile of dog :::shit:::. It looks like dog :::shit::: and it smells like dog :::shit:::. You don't really know if it is dog :::shit:::, but you take care not to step in it and you surely don't pick it up and taste it.

And, what are we really saying here? Are you saying it's acceptable for guys to agree to have your back and lull you into a false sense of security. Now, you're counting on the support they agreed to and you put your balls on the line, only to find out that the support you were promised was sold to the higher bidder. That's not how it should be. Follow the logic. If it happened as you suggested, then these guys could be called liars as well.

Keep your shorts on boys. I am not calling them liars. But, if as Gene suggested, they said they would vote yes and then, voted no; how would you characterize that?

You should have bid higher. Obviously.

And how were your balls on the line. You keep making all these posts about how nothing bad can happen. What is this risk you are talking about ?

Not liars. The situation changed. They were with you. And then factors were altered. Had things remained the same, they may have still been with you. And then there would be 17 more people waiting indefinitely for a contract that's never going to come.

Probably because

I meant to use the word sellouts, and that's the word I used. No need for you to interpret my meaning.

You said sellouts AND … re read your post. Or don't you understand what you wrote any better than what you understand what we write ?

And I'll repeat than anyone who changed their vote for 30 bucks a week is a sellout and lacks the courage of their convictions. The truth may hurt but now, you get to own it.

See here. It says sellout. Sure enough. And then what does it say ?

" The truth may hurt now, you get to own it. " Funny. I agree with you 100% on that part.

And there lies the difference between you and me. You care about you. I care about we. There are hundreds of guys paying 5K a year in insurance premiums who may feel differently than you.
You care about you too, Hollywoodz. We're human and it's in our nature to do what we believe is in our own best interest. You believe a labor union serves your best self interest and Gene believes a union-free work environment best serves his, it's really no more complicated then that. This is why I called you out earlier for branding "no" voters as sellouts. What's the good of being able to vote one's conscience if they have to worry about being accused of being a sellout? You think you're organizing for some greater cause, you're not. You think because someone supports a union that it translates into placing the self interest of others in parity with yours, it doesn't. You believe in the tired moniker of "one for all and all for one." This saying is nothing more than a platitude that makes union people feel some false sense of solidarity, it's mind f@#k gobledeegoop is what it is. And it's why I will change jobs before I ever vote in the affirmative for certification.

The company gave them a 1.10 per hour raise just 2 days before the vote. If you don't find that suspicious, I don't know what else to say. Why didn't they offer the raise in October or November?

No one's called me a sellout, because I'm not a sellout. No one paid me to vote yes. I saw what was happening, I received zero results when I brought these issues to management and I turned to union representation as a solution. I never was a no. I never changed my position or my vote. Right?
Well at my barn we got a $1.39 raise. Are we sellout? There was no union vote at my place.

You care about you too, Hollywoodz. We're human and it's in our nature to do what we believe is in our own best interest. You believe a labor union serves your best self interest and Gene believes a union-free work environment best serves his, it's really no more complicated then that. This is why I called you out earlier for branding "no" voters as sellouts. What's the good of being able to vote one's conscience if they have to worry about being accused of being a sellout? You think you're organizing for some greater cause, you're not. You think because someone supports a union that it translates into placing the self interest of others in parity with yours, it doesn't. You believe in the tired moniker of "one for all and all for one." This saying is nothing more than a platitude that makes union people feel some false sense of solidarity, it's mind f@#k gobledeegoop is what it is. And it's why I will change jobs before I ever vote in the affirmative for certification.
He does not believe in one right to vote that best suits them. He only believes in vote that goes his way. They thought this was a lock and believe that the pay increases that were announced on Monday was to buy votes. Funny part is they will get the increase no matter how they voted. Some barns like mine got a high rate increase then XRN. Is the company buying our vote???? Some of us on here have the respect for how one votes even though we disagree with them. we know that they voted for their own best interest and no one else's even though some will say it is for the greater good.

Last edited:
Without a vote, there was nothing to sell out. Obviously...NOT a sellout!
but because what some told you and what there action was when it was their turn to close the curtain and cast their vote, not your vote or anyone else's, their vote, you call them out as sellouts. You just proved that anyone that has voted NO in any of these election are sellouts. What was the vote count at your place? How many sellouts do you haver at you barn? Just how low will you go.

Let's get something straight I work at xrn I never whined or cried about the vote I posted the truth as I witnessed it. I never said sellouts or betrayed unless you work there maybe you should be a little more considerate of the truth
So do you believe that the vote turn out the way it did because of the raise? Was it just that drivers feed the union a lie on there position? Will we really know what was going through one head when that curtain closed?
The one thing I can't stand is someone being called out because they changed their vote for what every reason they have. I respect one's right to cast their vote for what they believe in and what is right for them.

I have some questions for those that are in the process of unionizing.

1.) Why does there seem ( I don't know , that's why I'm asking , and have asked before ) to be little public interaction between you ( the pro-union ) and those that are union already?

What I mean by that is , I rarely ( if ever ) see your names pop up in union forums. I do however see them reaching out here.

2.) Are there any union barns ( YRC , ABF , UPS Freight , etc...) near your terminals? Do you have any of these companies former drivers working at your terminal now? Have you spoke with them for a firsthand account of what they dealt with ( at their former union company )?

3.) I know that if unionization were to be fully successful the membership would have a hand in developing work rules and in choosing benefits - If your membership does not want a system like ABF , or YRC , for example , how free would you be to develop something ( totally different than what's in the National Master Freight Agreement for example ) that works for the company AND the membership?

I ask these few questions because there is no perfect answer but we can still try. The comparisons between union and non-union typically don't go in the favor of unions ( in the private sector except for UPS package for the most part )

Nearby there's a huge FedEx terminal with hundreds of doors. Up the road there's a huge ABF terminal with hundreds of doors. A new driver off the street would probably be city P&D at FedEx right away or at least inside of a year. ( I'm guessing ) I've spoken directly to the dispatcher at ABF and it takes 25 years to crack the city at ABF. The difference is staggering. Some food for thought...

So far, it seems that they don't.

Here's the difference- you have a history with them that you don't want to let go of. The Teamsters are not a government that I am forced to do business with. They are not a church I have attended my entire life. It's pretty easy for me to choose not to *initiate* a business relationship with an organization that has a history of corruption. It's harder for you because you're already invested in them. XPO has a lot more of me than they do of you, because it's a non-union company.
Here's my question to you Gene, would you quit if your barn voted the union in? You do a lot of speaking for other people, would you throw your 20+ years away? You have no problem telling other's to leave for a union company if they don't like it....

1.) Why does there seem ( I don't know , that's why I'm asking , and have asked before ) to be little public interaction between you ( the pro-union ) and those that are union already?

What I mean by that is , I rarely ( if ever ) see your names pop up in union forums. I do however see them reaching out here.

2.) Are there any union barns ( YRC , ABF , UPS Freight , etc...) near your terminals? Do you have any of these companies former drivers working at your terminal now? Have you spoke with them for a firsthand account of what they dealt with ( at their former union company )?

3.) I know that if unionization were to be fully successful the membership would have a hand in developing work rules and in choosing benefits - If your membership does not want a system like ABF , or YRC , for example , how free would you be to develop something ( totally different than what's in the National Master Freight Agreement for example ) that works for the company AND the membership?

I ask these few questions because there is no perfect answer but we can still try. The comparisons between union and non-union typically don't go in the favor of unions ( in the private sector except for UPS package for the most part )

Nearby there's a huge FedEx terminal with hundreds of doors. Up the road there's a huge ABF terminal with hundreds of doors. A new driver off the street would probably be city P&D at FedEx right away or at least inside of a year. ( I'm guessing ) I've spoken directly to the dispatcher at ABF and it takes 25 years to crack the city at ABF. The difference is staggering. Some food for thought...
This is my take on each and not necessarily other union members opinions.
1 they reach out more here cause this is where the debate can be good, bad or ugly. Plus this is the union thread lol. I would encourage debate on the other companies threads as well.
2 Most of the former Teamsters at my barn left YRC. That pretty much sums it up for all those informed in this business.
3 already have that but have to truly admit we're the black sheep cause we're not Teamsters and for some anything but that is a mortal sin.

So do you believe that the vote turn out the way it did because of the raise? Was it just that drivers feed the union a lie on there position? Will we really know what was going through one head when that curtain closed?
The one thing I can't stand is someone being called out because they changed their vote for what every reason they have. I respect one's right to cast their vote for what they believe in and what is right for them.
Yes I do.

To answer your post, it all depends if the terminal is a break & what part of the county it is. ABF has a very low turnover rate, that could also add to the prolonged advance into the city. Fed ex also has a city & a road board meaning if you have 20 years with them & choose the road a new hire can start immediately ahead of the 20 year man in the city. Im at ABF and in the central pa teamsters fund & they contribute the same into my pension as ups parcel about 23k a year along with zero pay healthcare. As for the nmfa they would use that to get you started if you choose to go union....

Status
Not open for further replies.