XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have the same opportunity. You should have the same OT and don't. I hadn't broken out the calculator to come up with that. But the math I used there is $.34 x 40 x 52 for $707.2. Then $.34 x 15 x 52 for $265.2 265.2 + 707.2 = $973.4 which I called $1000. I didn't do the next step which would have been …. $.34 x 1.5 = $.51 x 15 x 52 = $397.8. But you guys do get OT after 50 so that makes this worse. Now I am doing some ridiculous word problem from junior high. Because it's only the first 10 hours of OT that are different. So, $.34 x 10 x 52 = $176.8 and $.34 x 1.5 x 10 x 52 = $265.2 for a difference of $88.4. And now I hate you for having done all of this. So the next time you cry about your situation I will go back to letting you know what an ignorant confederate asshat you are and that you are more than welcome to come out of the stone ages and have a home and job up north here you dummy.
Plus, you did a whole lot of extra math for nothing. All you needed was to take half of the 34 cent raise x 10 hours x 52 weeks.
Sincerely, the Confederate Dumb Asshat.

Not that I feel I need to explain my post but I was referring directly to Flys examples of 2 other company’s that were doing the same practice of misclassifying its drivers . He put forth 2 links that showed 2 other companies doing the same illegal practice as Xpo was just convicted of. So his 2 examples and saying everyone else is doing doesn’t make it right for Xpo .

Okay, so back to Hollywoodz example- do you feel that corruption within the Teamsters is acceptable if there is any corruption at any other businesses or governments?

Again , the bonus pay raise is different then the geo zone raise.

My post had nothing to do with the bonus replacement raise.

Okay, so back to Hollywoodz example- do you feel that corruption within the Teamsters is acceptable if there is any corruption at any other businesses or governments?

My post had nothing to do with the bonus replacement raise.
Of course it didn’t because that’s what they offered them . Had they just given them .30 plus cents we would be having this conversation.

I told you already. If a union card is part of the deal, there is no deal. You can make any chart you want. Show me that they'll pay ME to have insurance and I'll still tell you where you can file it.

And there lies the difference between you and me. You care about you. I care about we. There are hundreds of guys paying 5K a year in insurance premiums who may feel differently than you.

Gene ,did you guys out west get any Geo zones consolidated ?

Whoa, what happened to the "respect"? Remember this?
Gene is very private person and does not want anyone to even know what region he is in. That is his right here to have that and we respect it.

First, nice of you to share your lack of integrity. Second, I've never told you or anyone else where I am, so feel free to keep guessing- just be careful. I hear that attempting to "out" someone is frowned upon on these boards.

Whoa, what happened to the "respect"? Remember this?

First, nice of you to share your lack of integrity. Second, I've never told you or anyone else where I am, so feel free to keep guessing- just be careful. I hear that attempting to "out" someone is frowned upon on these boards.
Again resorting to personal attacks , I am merely trying to find out if your region had any consolidations and if it affected you or your surrounding barns . Whats that got to do with outing you? Geez.

I never indicated that I felt corruption on any level inside any entity is acceptable. Not once. My point is that corruption exists everywhere. If you are rejecting the Teamsters because a particular level of corruption exists, then you must also reject every other entity where corruption exists. Let's begin with the federal government, the catholic church, universities and so forth.

Of course, all that sounds ridiculous, right? You aren't going to reject police departments and local governments or your church, especially when you see an attempt to expose and stop that corruption. I choose to give the Teamsters the same consideration I would give to anyone else. Any recent corruption has been addressed and penalties have been meted out, including banishment, 2 year suspensions and others.

FINAL WORD from me on this. My understanding was and is that on Friday, your barn stood at 12 votes yes and 5 votes no. On Monday, the company announced at 1.10 per hour raise. On Wednesday, 4 drivers switched their vote.

Unless you had a supervised secret ballot test vote on Friday, you don't truly know how those 4 intended to vote. There are people in this world that don't like confrontation. That's the whole point of secret ballots, and that's why unions prefer card check.

There are hundreds of guys paying 5K a year in insurance premiums who may feel differently than you.

So far, it seems that they don't.

You aren't going to reject police departments and local governments or your church, especially when you see an attempt to expose and stop that corruption. I choose to give the Teamsters the same consideration I would give to anyone else.

Here's the difference- you have a history with them that you don't want to let go of. The Teamsters are not a government that I am forced to do business with. They are not a church I have attended my entire life. It's pretty easy for me to choose not to *initiate* a business relationship with an organization that has a history of corruption. It's harder for you because you're already invested in them. XPO has a lot more of me than they do of you, because it's a non-union company.

Unless you had a supervised secret ballot test vote on Friday, you don't truly know how those 4 intended to vote. There are people in this world that don't like confrontation. That's the whole point of secret ballots, and that's why unions prefer card check.

Sometimes, when you're walking down the street, you walk up to a big pile of dog ::shit::. It looks like dog ::shit:: and it smells like dog ::shit::. You don't really know if it is dog ::shit::, but you take care not to step in it and you surely don't pick it up and taste it.

And, what are we really saying here? Are you saying it's acceptable for guys to agree to have your back and lull you into a false sense of security. Now, you're counting on the support they agreed to and you put your balls on the line, only to find out that the support you were promised was sold to the higher bidder. That's not how it should be. Follow the logic. If it happened as you suggested, then these guys could be called liars as well.

Keep your shorts on boys. I am not calling them liars. But, if as Gene suggested, they said they would vote yes and then, voted no; how would you characterize that?

Let's get something straight I work at xrn I never whined or cried about the vote I posted the truth as I witnessed it. I never said sellouts or betrayed unless you work there maybe you should be a little more considerate of the truth

I don't remember anyone being critical of you at all. It's been all Hollywoodz. Does he work at your terminal ? Doesn't sound like it to me.

Dummy asshat?? Not hardly. Some people look at things based off dollar signs as you do. Some people look at things based off principle, but when you already receive this due to your privilege, you just don't understand.
No way could I ever live up north.....your food sucks.

You would do fine. The wages make up for it. :angel:

And you work out of the that barn correct? Not fly ,not highspeed , not Gene . Thank you for your first hand account. Case closed.
They sold out for the quick buck.

P.s. I did not say they were horrible human beings , low life’s or idiots . It’s their choice. They just settled for less IMHO.

Not Hollywoodz or sucker666. Thank you. Case closed.

You don't know? You posted about it pretty enthusiastically- that it was evidence the unions aren't fading away, and now you have no information about the only other XPO petition in existence while you were "wrapped up in Rockaway"? I find that hard to believe.

This guy is a seller. If he's really a truck driver. He missed his calling. Maybe it all worked out the way it should, being as we ain't buying.

Plus, you did a whole lot of extra math for nothing. All you needed was to take half of the 34 cent raise x 10 hours x 52 weeks.
Sincerely, the Confederate Dumb Asshat.

Mutha Trucka just because I think you are being dumb, that don't make me smart. I wish it worked that way. How you think I ended up holding a wheel, anyway ?

Status
Not open for further replies.