The Big R

Got to be about 670 ish for miles. Did they run a team operation back then or did they cutoff and relay it?

There was one for sale on Craigslist, Little Rock last week. It was white, had the 370 V8 gasoline engine. I think it sold in a few days. There was no company name but it did have some small black unit numbers. I assume it was owned by a local company.
I drove a white one with black and orange lettering for Johnson Motor Lines from 1970 to when they went out of business.

There was one for sale on Craigslist, Little Rock last week. It was white, had the 370 V8 gasoline engine. I think it sold in a few days. There was no company name but it did have some small black unit numbers. I assume it was owned by a local company.
I drove a white one with black and orange lettering for Johnson Motor Lines from 1970 to when they went out of business.
I saw one of those when it was brand new at a stop in Yonkers. I believe the Johnson driver said it had a 500 cube gas engine in it.

You can't believe those old Johnson drivers. They're always saying theirs is bigger! :438:

big-r-ready-line11ac2ec9fdd0949c.jpg

Hookman, do you know which facility this is? Could be Camp Hill, Pa but I'm not sure. If it is, that would be the shop line, back then just about every truck went through the shop for inspection before being dispatched. If it is Camp Hill that terminal across the street at the top you can barely see would be a Motor Freight Express terminal.

mfx.md.jpg

big-r-ready-line11ac2ec9fdd0949c.jpg

Hookman, do you know which facility this is? Could be Camp Hill, Pa but I'm not sure. If it is, that would be the shop line, back then just about every truck went through the shop for inspection before being dispatched. If it is Camp Hill that terminal across the street at the top you can barely see would be a Motor Freight Express terminal.

mfx.md.jpg