XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is cool to see the one that are pushing for barns to vote going off the rails. When the vote doesn't go there way they use words like "Sellouts" "Betrayed". The one thing I will always respect is one right to cast their vote as THEY see fit for them. I may, and may not agree with the way they voted but will stand up for there right to vote. Hollywoodz gets on here and blast the NO voters. Why? Why is blasting them? He is just showing the standard union thug mentally that I have seen some many times before. You will do and think like we want you too. Is it he mad that he was lie too, could be.

Some of use on here have been screwed by the unions and want nothing to do with it. Then we are call company cheerleaders and company schill's. Why? I just here to make money and when something better comes along I gone. Being a CDL holder for over 25yrs and with a clean record I can go anywhere. Some on here haven't worked in the industry long enough to remember when boss and even the ones at union carriers told us "Driver's are a Dime a dozen". Now look at what's happening.

I have worked in both union and non-union trucking jobs. In my own personal experience I have found that working in a non-union company has been more rewarding and had more respect then working at any union carrier.

I believe I have never personal attacked anyone on the way they vote, YES or NO. I believe any who does attack someone for the way they vote is a ******* and has no respect for the voting process. You vote what is right for you and nobody else and if you don't like the way the vote went, then the front door isn't lock and you are free to leave.

The company was desperate and the only way they could pull it off was to come in 48 hours before the vote and buy them off. They did the same in Newburgh, It’s a lesson that will learned.

And what happened in Newburgh? I don't see any outstanding ULPs in NY, just withdrawn charges. You'd think if it was so obvious, there would have been a decision in there somewhere. Of course, I'm looking at facts and not just the bitterness of losing, so maybe I just can't see it.

The company has no desire to concede anything.

And no obligation to do so.

You could try a strike again- remember that last one got you those raises that you didn't deserve, so maybe another strike could encourage the company to look at those cherry picked Teamcare options. Or maybe you knew those raises were coming and the strike was just a well organized publicity stunt to show "strength".

I actually agreed with every word of this post when I got hired back in 2011. When I got to Miami, we had 22 of 45 tractors without A/C. 40% of the guys were on the flex board. January through March , I rarely got 40 hours and sometimes not even 30. Unsafe equipment issues were common, especially 5th wheels. I could go on.

I guess you missed the part about accepting when things won't be changed and not confusing inaction with not listening.

I've been here more than twice as long as you have- you know what almost every one of us had to deal with when we started? Trucks with no air conditioning. Slow freight seasons, especially January to March. And if the equipment is unsafe, you don't drive it. They listened to you, you just thought you were better than the rest of us.

Here's what I think. I think you saw what was happening in Laredo, thought back to your positive experiences with unions, and jumped on the bandwagon over some petty BS. Now you're stuck on an island and the tide is rising, and it's frustrating. There's no silent majority ready to join you- but there is a huge, mostly quiet majority ready for you and your brothers to hit the road.

On Monday, XPO announced a 1.10 per hour pay raise AND a .36 cents per hour bonus replacement in lieu of end of the year bonuses. Those 4 drivers changed their votes to "no".

Do you honestly believe that XPO created and approved all of those raises, across the company, in three weeks, in the fourth quarter of the year, just for 17 people? Again, hubris is a Teamster.

Can you show that the Teamsters are MORE corrupt than any other organization, including trucking companies, churches, schools and our government?

Have you talked to Sucker666? You should- he seems to disagree with that line of reasoning:
2 wrongs don’t make it right.
We seem to enter a period in time that it’s ok to do wrong if everyone else is doing it.
Doesn’t hold up as a defense in court or here

It's a shame that us fellows in the South don't have that same opportunity.

You have the same opportunity. You should have the same OT and don't. I hadn't broken out the calculator to come up with that. But the math I used there is $.34 x 40 x 52 for $707.2. Then $.34 x 15 x 52 for $265.2 265.2 + 707.2 = $973.4 which I called $1000. I didn't do the next step which would have been …. $.34 x 1.5 = $.51 x 15 x 52 = $397.8. But you guys do get OT after 50 so that makes this worse. Now I am doing some ridiculous word problem from junior high. Because it's only the first 10 hours of OT that are different. So, $.34 x 10 x 52 = $176.8 and $.34 x 1.5 x 10 x 52 = $265.2 for a difference of $88.4. And now I hate you for having done all of this. So the next time you cry about your situation I will go back to letting you know what an ignorant confederate asshat you are and that you are more than welcome to come out of the stone ages and have a home and job up north here you dummy.

Last edited:
I guess you missed the part about accepting when things won't be changed and not confusing inaction with not listening.

I've been here more than twice as long as you have- you know what almost every one of us had to deal with when we started? Trucks with no air conditioning. Slow freight seasons, especially January to March. And if the equipment is unsafe, you don't drive it. They listened to you, you just thought you were better than the rest of us.

Here's what I think. I think you saw what was happening in Laredo, thought back to your positive experiences with unions, and jumped on the bandwagon over some petty BS. Now you're stuck on an island and the tide is rising, and it's frustrating. There's no silent majority ready to join you- but there is a huge, mostly quiet majority ready for you and your brothers to hit the road.

What value is there in listening to an issue, then doing nothing about it. Your thinking is absolutely incorrect. It is frustrating, I'll agree but I never expected it to be otherwise. If it turns out that the majority fail to support this, I'll accept that. And I'll be at peace with knowing I did what I could.

And no obligation to do so.

You could try a strike again- remember that last one got you those raises that you didn't deserve, so maybe another strike could encourage the company to look at those cherry picked Teamcare options. Or maybe you knew those raises were coming and the strike was just a well organized publicity stunt to show "strength".

Am I to understand you have an issue with the Insurance Comparison? What is it that concerns you?

That's a bit more respectful. Thank you. I will try to do the same.

Whatever I post is not directed at those drivers who are happy with their situation. Nor is it directed at those, like yourself, who will never change their minds. My posts are directed at the vast majority of drivers who are UNHAPPY with their situation and I'm just letting them know that there is something they can do about it. I don't take your posts personally and you should do the same with mine.

I don't think UPSF is a good example because UPSF is about 1.5% of the total revenue of that company. They had the upper hand and the union settled for the best they could get under the circumstances. How bad of a deal did they get? They make more money than we do and they have much better benefits.

YRC has been in trouble for years. Everyone involved contributed to that mess. They have a hard time getting drivers because their base salary is 20% lower than market average. Also, not a great example.

Finally, once again, you generalize that I'm being offensive and I deserve to be insulted.Can you be more specific and clarify for me? You seem to be one of only a few people who feel this way. If Up North allows us to take the gloves off, I'll be more than willing to tell you how I really feel.

I'm not the only one that has expressed displeasure with your current attitude. You need to read more. I know you want everyone to hear you. But you need to pay attention to what others are saying. No one is hiding anything from you.

UPSF is the #5 biggest LTL in the country. You were crying fiduciary responsibility ( buzzwords of the brain washed ) while encouraging them to strike. I guess your ideas are just ideas. But at least you seem to understand that they had zero power. And settled for less. Which is my point. The union was powerless. Just because they have more than us doesn't mean they have what they should. Right ?

YRC does have other problems. So does XPO. You keep making it sound like a union is worth it because the health care and control. Yet seem to understand that the union could not and cannot do anything to control the out come at YRC. And that the health care isn't enough to attract drivers in this market. Do you think that maybe this is why XPO offers more in the paycheck and less in the health care ? As a way to differentiate themselves from the competition in their compensation ?

And then more passive aggressive nonsense. I told you. I will not escalate things. They will stay right where they are. I will only respond to what I am comfortable with. Stop picking fights. You are only arguing with yourself. And you look foolish doing it.

How does you offering your perspective differ from me offering my perspective? Unless your opinion is somehow more valid than mine, it seems like the same thing to me. You shouldn't get so upset by it.

I don't want you to ignore me nor would I ever silence an opposing view by ignoring you.

I post facts and my opinion on those facts and I ask people to think for themselves. I provide information that people are free to use in order to make an informed decision. I ask people not to take the word of hired guns and company executives who have a huge personal, economic and vested interest on how you vote. I have no personal, economic or vested interest in any of this. I'll be retired before the first contract is signed.

The part where you call a bunch of people sell outs. And go on ranting for several posts about them being cowards. You can go back and re read your stuff. If you really want to know.

And I'll repeat than anyone who changed their vote for 30 bucks a week is a sellout and lacks the courage of their convictions. The truth may hurt but now, you get to own it.

Took this to mean that you thought them cowards. A coward being a person lacking courage.

cow·ard
[ˈkou(ə)rd]
NOUN
  1. a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.
    "they had run away—the cowards!"
    synonyms:
    weakling · milksop · namby-pamby · mouse · chicken · scaredy-cat ·
    [more]
ADJECTIVE
  1. literary
    excessively afraid of danger or pain.
  2. heraldry
    (of an animal) depicted with the tail between the hind legs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.